About Me

If you couldn’t tell by the header in my blog… Hi, I’m Tanya. I could not think of anything worse than attempting to write a poem for this, and failing miserably, so I’m just gonna keep it informal. Wow! Look at this seamless transition to my quote; “Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.” -Salvador Dali. Dali is one of my favourite artists because his work portrays a huge amount of creativity I strive to reach in my own art. I tend to be hard on myself when something doesn’t turn out the way I hoped for, so, going forwards, I don’t want to be expecting perfection, but instead, expecting myself to learn to express my uniqueness and identity in all that I do. I’m best known for my procrastination habits, my extensive sarcasm use, and doing the absolute least when I am forced into a class I did NOT choose to be put in. That’s why I felt like the lifeless name of my blog compared to the fun bunny theme, was the perfect contradictory statement for me to make with this project. I could’ve made a connection about how a bunny is my spirit animal or something deep, but that would’ve been bs, and I value honesty and genuinity. I would definitely not consider myself a writer, but I’m trying to be more positive… so I’ll just focus on the skills I would want to improve on in this course instead. As you may have noticed, I am not a student prodigy!! (Surprise surprise) And if I put in the time and effort to work on my skills… I would still not even be close to that. BUT I would maybe be able to become a more dignified writer. I often ask myself how I’m able to call myself an artist even though my biggest flaw is being unable to express my creativity. Who knows, maybe it will come out as I experience the wonderful, exciting joys, of creative writing!!

4 Comments

1. Dear Tanya,
    Oh Tanya, what an exciting piece to read. It’s honest, humorous, and allows for insight into yourself in the way an about me should. I found it funny how you stated that you were trying to be more positive, then immediately contradicted yourself in the next sentence proving further your own struggle to accept your own creative mindset.
    As for critiques, it is a tad short. Some more information to go off of would have been lovely and would increase the effectiveness of the general gist of this about me. Furthermore, GUMPS, everyone’s favorite thing in the whole entire world. Unfortunately, it seems to plague you as well as everyone else, but be sure to work on noticing those in order to work on em.
    I sincerely hope you find some sort of joy in creative writing, as I genuinely believe you would be able to create amazing works if you were able to enjoy it. I look forward to watching you progress throughout the semester.

• Thanks Jimmy, for this insightful comment! I actually did not care for GUMPS in this post, but I’ll try harder next time I guess.

2. Dear Tanya,
    I really love how you incorporated your humor and wrote in such an informal tone that was unique compared to the creative direction a lot of the class took with this assignment. Your honesty is something that I admire and would want to emulate in my writing as well because it just lets the reader connect to your emotions through your writing. Also I completely relate to your point in the piece where you talked about how you didn’t want to be in this class because same. I know i’ve probably never talked to you in person but you seem really nice and fun (also you’re really pretty). I hope you get to find something to enjoy about the class and find a way to express your creativity.
    Sincerely,
    Bolu

• tanyaphilipose

Oh my gosh, hi!! I feel so bad I didn’t even see this comment till now but thank you so much for all your kind words! (P.S you’re so pretty too:)) I’m glad you enjoyed my honesty and could relate to this post a little bit. I can’t wait to see more of your writing as well!

-Tanya